FMIT Alert Level 3
10:30 AM EST, Monday August 28, 2017
The Flood Watch continues for
- FMIT Rideout Teams are in place throughout southwest FL monitoring the weather conditions and ready to respond to Members with damages related to Severe Storms over the extreme eastern Gulf of Mexico and southwestern coast of FL.
- Severe Storms brought heavy amounts of rainfall to the Florida Peninsula as it crossed the state, resulting in localized flooding.
- Sarasota received 8.12 inches of rainfall on Saturday and 16.54 inches since Wednesday. Fort Myers received 13.78 inches and Naples 7.51 inches.
- Regardless of development, heavy rain, gusty winds and minor coastal flooding are expected from the Southeast coast to the mid-Atlantic.
FMIT Member Preparedness Actions:
- Members should continue to monitor the storms as well as FMIT Alerts and local/national weather forecasts.
- Members should be communicating with internal emergency response leadership regarding potential flood conditions that may occur.
- Members should report all damages to buildings and other property to FMIT using one of the following options below as well as to any other insurance providers (flood, etc…)
Damage Reporting Options:
Call 844-FMIT-CAT (844-364-8228) to report any losses to your insured property and activate the FMIT Turnkey Recovery program for immediate response to any property losses you may have incurred. Also:
Go online: http://insurance.flcities.com and login to your account and submit your loss notice(s). FMIT and Synergy are immediately notified of your loss submittal.
County Emergency Managers List – For additional contact information about your county, please Click Here.
Post Event Safety:
Please Ensure That Recovery Operations Are Undertaken Safely. Click Here to download an Overview of Post Event Safety.